Recipe Name: Oven-Roasted Winter Vegetables
Prep Time: Cook Time:
medium onions, cut into large wedges
small Yellow Finn or Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
brussel sprouts, halved
medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
branches fresh thyme
fresh sage leaves
Carrot Cake Spice White Balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
1. About an hour before cooking, in a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients up to, but not including, the second quantity of olive oil.
2. Thirty minutes before roasting, preheat oven to 450 degrees and slip in a heavy, large, very shallow baking pan (a half sheet pan is ideal) to heat up.
3. Pour the second quantity of oil onto the hot pan, and then immediately spread the marinated vegetables on the pan, taking care not to crowd them.
4. Roast about an hour, turning several times during cooking for even browning.
5. Once browned and easily pierced with a knife, vegetables are done. Serve hot.